The Neilma Sidney Literary Travel Fund
- Delighted to announce I’ll be heading to Norfolk Island this June to research my next novel, Kingdom By The Sea. Special thanks to Writers Victoria, the Myer Foundation, and the Round 2 Neilma Sidney Travel Fund judges for giving me this opportunity – and congrats to my fellow grant recipients!
Public Intellectual Podcast
- I spoke to Jessa Crispin on the subject ‘Women Love Bad Men’ for her podcast, Public Intellectual. Listen here.
The Jonestown Report, Volume 19
- You can now read my contributions to the latest Jonestown Report – ‘Leaving Jonestown’ (a personal essay) and ‘Danger Cycle’ (a novel excerpt).
Ned Kelly Awards
- So excited that The Love of a Bad Man has been shortlisted for the Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction! Winners will be announced on September 1st.
EWF Short Story Masterclass
- Together with Ali Alizadeh and Melanie Cheng, I’ll be presenting a session on short story collections and the publishing industry, as part of Emerging Writers Festival’s full day short story masterclass. Details of the program are here.
Queenscliffe Literary Festival
- Join me and Maria Takolander, author of The Double (and Other Stories), in conversation at Queenscliffe Literary Festival on May 14.
Asialink Arts Residency 2017
- I’ve been awarded a 2017 Asialink Arts Residency, and will be spending nine weeks at Jakarta’s Komunitas Salihara starting this September. Thank you to Asialink and the Australia-Indonesia Insitute!
Noir Literature Festival – New Delhi
- I will be appearing at the Noir Literature Festival in New Delhi from January 27-29, 2017. Check out their website for more information.
Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2017 Shortlist
- My short story collection The Love of a Bad Man has been shortlisted for the 2017 Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for fiction. Mind = blown.
KSP Scholarship Writer-in-Residence
- Thank you to the Katharine Susannah Prichard Writers’ Centre for awarding me a 2017 residency, starting this April!
The Jonestown Report, Volume 18
- I have three literary contributions in the latest Jonestown Report – ‘Marceline‘, a story from The Love of a Bad Man; ‘Born Again‘, an excerpt from my novel-in-progress; and ‘Two Women‘, a note about the creation of both pieces.
★★★★★ ALPHA Reader Review
- Danielle Binks of ALPHA Reader has just published a five-star review of The Love of a Bad Man, along with an author Q&A.
Hot Chicks with Big Brains Interview
- Bri Lee of Hot Chicks with Big Brains chatted to me in my home office about my new book and work-in-progress. Watch the interview below.
The Love of a Bad Man Launched!
- My debut short fiction collection The Love of a Bad Man was launched at Readings, Carlton by Jo Case on September 15. Check out Jo’s launch speech here, if you missed it.
Epiphany Magazine Contest Issue
- My story ‘Children of the Revolution’ was chosen as runner-up in Epiphany Magazine’s ‘Writers Under 30’ contest, judged by Vicky Bijur. Pick up a copy of the issue here, and read my interview with Epiphany here.
Betanarratives ‘Body Language’ Goes Live
- Betanarratives ‘Body Language’ is an interactive multimedia game featuring stories about different body parts. My story ‘Legs’ was made into a short film by Angeline Armstrong. Watch/ read/ play here.
The Jonestown Report, Volume 17
- This year’s Jonestown Report is live, and features three contributions from me: a personal essay, a research article, and my award-winning story ‘Soybeans‘.
Two-book deal with Scribe
- Scribe Publications have acquired the AU/NZ rights for my short story collection The Love of a Bad Man and my novel-in-progress Beautiful Revolutionary in a two-book deal. So excited to work with them!
Prairie Schooner 2015 Summer Nonfiction Contest
- I’ve just been announced as the winner of Prairie Schooner’s Summer Nonfiction competition. Read more about the prize here.
Script Pipeline 2015 TV Writing Contest
- I’m very new to screenwriting, so really wasn’t expecting to make it to the semifinals of Script Pipeline’s TV Writing Contest. My TV pilot Beautiful Revolutionary (also being worked on as a novel) has been selected as one of the top 30 of over 1,500 entries. Read the full list here.
Melbourne Writers Festival Guest Blogger
- I wrote a guest blog post for Melbourne Writers Festival, all about my current research in America for my new novel Beautiful Revolutionary. Read it here.
Melbourne Writers Festival’s 30 Under 30
- I am honored to have been chosen as one of thirty young creatives to represent MWF on its 30th anniversary. MWF is currently running a Pozible campaign with the aim of sending us abroad, so please donate generously if you can!
Sycamore Review 2015 Flashcard Contest
- An excerpt from my new novel-in-progress was shortlisted for Sycamore Review‘s 2015 Flashcard Contest. Read more about the prize here.
John Marsden/ Hachette Prize for Fiction
- Topping off what has been an amazing year in writing, I’ve just earned first place in the 2014 John Marsden/ Hachette Prize for Young Writers in the 18-24 short fiction category. Read my prize-winning story in Voiceworks #99.